How to Prepare For Your First Acupuncture Visit
- Please either fill out the First Visit Forms and bring them with you or arrive 15 minutes early and we will provide the forms for you to fill out.
- Have a meal – don’t come to any treatment hungry. Acupuncture treatments help your body to heal itself. For this purpose your body needs energy.
- Wear loose clothing – acupuncture needs access mainly to your arms from the elbow down and your legs from the knees down. If you have a condition related to your back, shoulders, stomach or other places on the torso that require treatment in those areas we will give you a gown to wear and also cover you with sheets or “draping.”
- Please do not wear any scented oils or lotions, perfumes or colognes.
What to Expect on Your First Acupuncture Visit
- have you fill out medical history forms and review them together,
- talk about your current reason for the visit in detail,
- review any medications or supplements you are currently taking,
- ask objective questions about your general health,
- discuss symptoms that may not seem related to your condition,
- do physical testing as appropriate,
- make a Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis,
- prescribe & perform acupuncture and other treatments as indicated,
- make recommendations for herbal remedies, exercise, diet & lifestyle changes.
Call (833) 392-4653 to book an appointment or you can book online.